The MSU Museum celebrates National Fossil Day on Sunday, October 14, 2018, 1-4 p.m., an afternoon of fossil fun!
- Michigan fossil dig & sift
- Junior Paleontologist hunt
- Fossil molds to make and take
- Face painting
- “Ask the Expert”: a paleontologist will be on hand to answer your fossil questions and to identify specimens
- Fossil puzzle station
- Fossil ID competition with prizes
Special opportunity: A “fossils only” version of MESTA’s famous Rock Shop will be set up for educators to acquire invertebrate fossils for study in the classroom or at home.
In partnership with Michigan Earth Science Teachers Association (MESTA), brought to you by Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU)
National Fossil Day (NFD) is a celebration organized by The National Park Service and the American Geosciences Institute to promote public awareness and stewardship of fossils, as well as to foster a greater appreciation of their scientific and educational value.