The MSU Museum celebrates National Fossil Day on Sunday, October 6, 2019, 1-4 p.m.
Family Fossil Fun – FREE Public Event
- Michigan fossil dig & sift
- Junior Paleontologist hunt
- Fossil molds to make and take
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours
- Guided tours of the Hall of Evolution
- “Ask the Expert”: a paleontologist will be on hand to answer your fossil questions and to identify specimens
- Fossil Poetry Station
- And much more!
National Fossil Day (NFD) is a celebration organized by The National Park Service and the American Geosciences Institute to promote public awareness and stewardship of fossils, as well as to foster a greater appreciation of their scientific and educational value.
New this year!
• Join us for MSUFCU Dinosaur Dash from 10:00 a.m. – noon before the National Fossil Day celebration!
The fast, flat 5K road race is a fall-time favorite!
The competitive 5K run/walk begins and ends near the MSU Museum. Dashers compete in several different divisions and dinosaur trophies are awarded to overall male and female winners in both the running and walking categories.
CLICK HERE for Online Registration
Proceeds benefit MSU Museum programs and activities.