Virtual Learning & Activity Resources
Welcome! On this page, you will find links to MSU Museum resources and great things that other museums are offering right now. Stay connected on the Museum's social media pages too.
MSU students, professors, and instructors: We are still here for you during the building closure. Please contact us for learning/instructional support and course planning.
Current MSU Museum Exhibition Resources
Finding Our Voice: Sister Survivors Speak. Scroll down to access visitor resources, videos, and more.
Righting a Wrong: Japanese Americans and World War II (a traveling exhibit from Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service). Additional poster resources are available here.
MSU Museum Databases and Collection Resources
- Search Cultural Collections
- Food, Farming & Community
- John and Selma Appel Collection of Ethnic Images
The following programs were originally developed at the MSU Museum in partnership with university partners and institutional and community partners around the globe. As of 2019, these programs are headquartered at MSU’s Matrix: Center for Digital Humanities & Social Sciences and MSU Residential College in the Arts and Humanities in partnership with MSU University Outreach and Engagement. The physical quilt and traditional arts collections remain housed at the MSU Museum.
- Michigan Traditional Arts Program
- Michigan Stained Glass Census
- Michigan Barn and Farmstead Survey
- The Quilt Index: Digital images and stories of the quilts owned by the MSU Museum can be freely accessed and searched through The Quilt Index. It also contains numerous essays and lesson plans, including some created by arts education students at Michigan State University.
MSU Museum collections are included in these repositories:
- AVoCet (Avian Vocalizations Center)
- FishNet2 (Fish Specimen Database Network)
- GBIF (Global Biodiversity Information Facility)
- IDigBio (Integrated Digitized Biocollections)
- VertNet (Vertebrate Collections Database Network)